Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The tipping point: iPhone users turn against AT&T | Wireless News - Betanews

More to my previous post about AT&T Wireless. It's as if they are hoping the rising level of "vocal" frustration will just die down. "If we don't acknowledge problems there aren't any." Fascinating to watch.

Is this going to end up as a Harvard Business Review case study on how not to manage negative publicity? And I have to wonder where the CIO is inside AT&T? Not a negative comment at all but just wondering how this is playing out. Is this a place where the savvy CIO should be collecting data, working with the CMO to effectively sense and respond?

As a customer I hope this prompts AT&T to finally react and begin to fix the problems. As a consultant, I can't help but wonder who's providing advice.

The tipping point: iPhone users turn against AT&T | Wireless News - Betanews: "Betanews

The tipping point: iPhone users turn against AT&T
By Tim Conneally | Published July 21, 2009, 3:24 PM
Print ArticleE-mail Article8 Comments
The iPhone crowd has turned into an anti-AT&T mob. Spend 30 seconds on Twitter or perform even the most basic search for iPhone and AT&T information and you're sure to run into some serious rancor from disgusted iPhone users across the country. While the exclusive partnership between Cupertino and the Dallas teleco has never been perfect, user hostility has lately been at a fevered pitch.
In February of this year, prominent blogger Om Malik announced he was 'breaking up' with his iPhone. 'I love my iPhone -- but AT&T's network has failed me. Apparently I'm not alone. If you follow me on Twitter, then you know how often I complain about it; my complaints always result in me receiving sim"



(Via .)

No comments: