Tuesday, August 07, 2007


Cool Tools

One of my favorite technology tools of late is a product called Personal Brain.
It allows me to quickly and easily capture thoughts on a variety of topics. I typically keep it open on my desktop all day long, using it as a repository of all kinds of ideas, reminders, books, music lists, family matters. I've even entered my family tree here.

The editor is quite capable, easily attaching files, pictures, hyperlinks, etc. Search is fast.
No interest in nor connection to the company whatsoever. Just a fan.
Interesting uses here.
Got something you like?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick -
I just stumbled across your blog and think it's great. I've added it to my iGoogle page and look forward to reading your new posts. I've been in the position of IT Director, reporting to the CEO, for the past 10 years at an apparel company in Los Angeles. Three years ago I was offered the Controller position at the same company. I've been wearing both hats for the past three years and it's been a very educational, although somewhat exhausting, experience. Technology is my true calling, which is why I'm looking forward to reading your blog on a regular basis. Keep up the great work.

Patrick Flynn said...

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I plan to keep at it! While I have a number of posts in work (remember, I'm a practitioner, not a writer) I'm always looking for new ideas. One I'm working on that you should have some great input to is the relationship between the CIO and CFO.
Look for it in the next few days.
Patrick