Saturday, October 27, 2007

One of the blogs I read is Scott Wilson's CIO Weblog. I thought his post on the Mac in the corporate world was an interesting perspective, though as you can see from my comments, copied below, not one I agree with. That said what do others see?

"Hi Scott. My experience with corporate CIO's (I've been CIO or CTO for 3 companies in the last 10 years with revenue from $12B to $825M) is rather different than yours. In fact, I find that most IT executives (say direct reports to the CIO) have changed their perspective. I don't find any IT executive who is still consider the Mac 'amateurish'. Many of us use it personally and some professionally. The issue is a pragmatic one and comes down to two key points. One- what is the cost of managing a mixed environment? Two- will all of your apps run there. Beyond that, I think most of us (I'm a Mac-ophile to be sure) see the benefits of the Mac OS X Unix roots. Thanks for an interesting read!
Patrick Flynn"

No comments: