Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Computing - BlackBerry Storm Firmware Leaked as RIM Sales Soar

A number of folks are aware that I have been going through a fair amount of angst over whether to swap out my Blackberry 8830. I was intrigued by the Blackberry Storm. After playing with it for a while and reading just about every review I could find, I held off and went shopping. I'm a fan of Verizon Wireless service and coverage area so was reluctant to change carriers.

The problem was that the other phones I was lusting for were on the AT&T Wireless network. Both the Blackberry Bold and the Apple iPhone are terrific devices. After fooling around with the iPhone and wanting so much to love it, I bought a Bold and began using it while keeping my Verizon phone and account. The Bold is the best smartphone I've ever used. I just am not convinced it's good enough to woo me from Verizon.

So, in a couple of weeks, I'm going to buy the Storm and try it for a few weeks as well. I'll see if I can learn to cope with the lack of a physical keyboard. If so, I'll ship back the Bold and stay on the Big Red Network. Since I live with my Blackberry in hand from morning to night, it's a tough decision!

Bottom-line: it's a great time for smartphones and smartphone addicts!

Computing - BlackBerry Storm Firmware Leaked as RIM Sales Soar: "

Daily Briefing for Technology's Top Decision-Makers


Tuesday, December 23rd 


BlackBerry Storm Firmware Leaked as RIM Sales Soar

By Patricia Resende
December 19, 2008 10:07AM

Digg It!   Bookmark to del.icio.us
New firmware for the BlackBerry Storm 9530 has been leaked on the Internet one day after Research in Motion reported a jump in third-quarter revenue. Co-CEO Jim Balsillie said RIM add"



(Via .)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From a "personal" standpoint, I really feel like Apple hit the mark on the iPhone. So much so that I actually made the plunge and turned in my Verizon Phone for the iPhone. The Apple Apps Store combined with the browser, iPod etc... It's just an amazing device (I know... All this coming from Steve Krause).. :)

From a "business" standpoint however... I think the iPhone is still a few years behind the BlackBerry and Windows Mobile device in the area of Email and Calendar. The lack of search, meeting forward, meeting creation etc... make the iPhone more than a Kindle (Read Only). Combine that with the large volume of dropped calls and the price tag... Yeah, it's not ready for the small or large enterprise.

So, I think you made a good decision sticking with the BlackBerry. Keep me posted on your thoughts about the Bold.