Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Latest Happenings

Can't believe it's been 2 months since the last post. I've had a number of inquiries and rather than email replies I figured it's time to post an update.

The Webinar I did for CIO.com back in January was very well received including some "best yet" comments. Much appreciated and it was fun for me as well. The gist of my message was that, particularly in tough times, there really are only a couple of key executive relationships which CIO's have to get right. You can see the presentation here. Comments and feedback, as always, are incredibly valuable!

Beyond that, I took some time off including some great skiing (though never enough) at Mt. Bachelor. I checked out some cool technology at Twinverse. I even did a bit of flying (again, not enough) in my airplane.

Started working again focusing on better defining our service offerings and building a partner network. Given our background it's no surprise that we're lining up some first rate partners in the Supply Chain space including Symbius. Others in work.

Certainly the economy is dominating most discussions though I'm finding some patches of sunlight breaking through. Finally! In general, CEO's seem willing to invest a) for a near-term return and b) with much more focus than previously, i.e. fewer investments done "right". The latter suits our mantra of "doing fewer things but doing them extraordinarily well".

Finally, we've got a CIO Forum in Seattle later this month on April 30th for breakfast. I'm excited to get the group back together and given the pressure on costs, think the speaker, John Krpan of Sierra Systems, is a great fit. Let me know if you haven't received your invitation.

How's things where you are?

By the way, you can follow me now on Twitter: pfflynn.

No comments: