Saturday, June 27, 2009

I love my iPhone it's my network I can live without.

I received my new iPhone 3GS on Friday (pre-ordered on the 16th via AT&T's website for those tracking shipments). Much to like about especially the speed (Shock!) but the signal strength has been a concern. As I'm in Sunriver, OR this weekend I'm roaming on an EDGE network to begin with. Add a huge influx of people (4000+ athletes) here for the Pacific Crest Sports Weekend and it may be that the cell towers are maxed out. Things like Visual Voice Mail won't work reliably, email won't connect consistently. Thank God for the ability to use WiFi. Will be interesting to see what my experience is when I get back to the Seattle area. Anyone else experiencing these kinds of problems?

Bugs & Fixes: iPhone 3GS signal strength oddities | Phones | Mac 911 | Macworld: "
The Apple, Mac, iPod, and iPhone Experts

Macworld » iPhone » Phones
Jun 26, 2009 7:07 am
Bugs & Fixes: iPhone 3GS signal strength oddities
by Ted Landau, Macworld.com

I warn you at the outset. This is not going to be one of those Bugs & Fixes with a neatly defined set of symptoms and a iron-clad solution. This one’s a bit messy. Here’s the deal:



(Via .)

No comments: